Six great keys to long term health:
1. Exercise vigorously based on where you are. This does not mean crazy but safe and smart.
- No matter your age or what ails you, exercise is key to maintaining a high functioning life. Stay strong!
2. Having a mindful, boundary based approach to food and life.
- Research shows that people who live healthy for a long time enjoy foods of all kinds on occasion with boundaries. Keep your goal in mind, have a plan, and continue to move forward toward your goals. Enjoy!
3. Creating positive emotion and fulfillment in your life.
- A lot of us have stressful work and family lives. It is so important to offset the stress with activities that bring us fulfillment and positive emotion. Having creative outlets, serving others, meditation, and exercise are all activities that help cultivate a fulfilling and positive life. Please choose things that you enjoy doing and that bring an outcome that you are proud of when you have completed them. For some it is writing, others painting, some singing, and still others like wood projects or knitting. Make it your own!
5. Have strong support.
- Have people in your life that will challenge you to be healthy but not shame you. Be open to the feedback of people who are qualified to help you and enjoy time with friends who care about your well-being.
6. Stay resilient and DO NOT GIVE UP!
- Always and everyday get back on the horse. When yous top trying to be healthy, happy, and fulfilled life becomes more of a struggle. Enjoy life no matter what hand you’ve been dealt.
BE YOUR OWN MIRACLE!