Most of us are aware of how things like heavy drug or alcohol use and overeating affect the brain and body. Whether it is food, cigarettes, too much whiskey, or your medicines you are being affected in a negative way if you overindulge (as we know). But did you also know that being angry for too long, staying depressed for extended periods, and regular episodes of anxiety also have a HUGE effect on your brain and your body. You are literally causing yourself brain damage, physical damage, and limiting how high you can function on a daily basis. We are humans (most of us) who experience emotion in response to events both past and present in life. “Too much stress on the chain and it will eventually break” is what I heard once in a presentation. The same is true for your brain and your body. Scientists are discovering more and more how stress, depression, anger, and anxiety affects the whole body system. The way you think, the way your organs function, even joint or muscle pain is directly impacted by the way you perceive the world and respond to events in your life. I have suffered and watched many family members suffer with multiple addictions, anger problems, severe depression, ADHD, and low self-esteem just to name a few things. I have also suffered and watched family suffer from weight issues, heart problems prematurely, blood pressure, cancers, intestinal problems, back pain, and other physical ailments. All are directly correlated.
Turning It Around
Thankfully I have seen myself and hundreds of others change from struggling with maintaining physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health to highly functioning, happy, strong, and healthy people. Of course it was not easy. The meds don’t work for this part. Here are some of the things that I have observed from those who have and continue to make major change.
- They stop creating barriers. I have more than one client that has reached significant health goals despite being physically disabled. They quit focusing on what they can’t do and began to focus on what they can.
- They recognize that they need to take action. Though most seek out help and support they quit blaming anything or anyone for where they are. They take 100% responsibility for everything.
- They exercise. Whether it is the person trying to lose weight, manage depression, overcome addictions or calm themselves when anxious it is necessary for your body and brain to experience exertion in a physical way. You naturally can balance things, go through discomfort which is great for personal growth, and begin to open areas of blood flow to the brain and body that create a higher functioning individual.
- They changed the way they talk to themselves and listened to others. Many of us go through life making justifications as to why we do not succeed or continue to have the same demons that have always plagued us. The people that I have observed make significant change became more in tune with the talk they had with themselves and how they “made it okay” to not change. Please observe how you are talking yourself out of being successful in your goals. Believe that you can because others have and you have the ability to go through what you need to acquire the change you seek. And listen to others openly who can help you.
- They kept fighting for the change. Resilience and persistence have been the key for acquiring change for centuries. Keep fighting and NEVER GIVE UP your goal of being healthy and happy.
You literally can overcome any health issue that you have created. Weight issues, depression, diabetes, anxiety, ADHD, and addictions can be a part of your past. Happiness and great health are a part of your future. Begin today to BE YOUR OWN MIRACLE!
The Build YOUR Healthy Life Program helps individuals and organizations create permanent positive health practices through evidence based, unique, and highly effective lifestyle education. The program teaches participants how to live strong for decades and create permanent, healthy, self-care practices. If we can help you or your company improve your health practices please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We offer educational seminars and products, individual life coaching, healthy fitness training in our gym, your home or business and online. BECOME A MIRACLE!